In New Zealand a dissolution of marriage is the legal term for a divorce. You may have questions around the process:
- How long do you have to wait to have a marriage dissolved?
- What is involved in the process?
- What is the likely cost?
Contact our team of experts at Collins & May Law to take you through the process.
A marriage can be dissolved when:
- You and your spouse have been living apart for at least 2 years; and
- At least one of you is domiciled in New Zealand.
You are considered domiciled in New Zealand if:
- You were born in New Zealand and have not moved overseas with the intention of remaining there for an indefinite time; or
- You were born overseas and live in New Zealand with an intention of remaining here for an indefinite period of time.